Satie Gosset Explains How to Break into Hollywood

Mr.+Gossett+wears+his+school+spirit+

Alejandro Delarosa

Mr. Gossett wears his school spirit

Listen up students:

Video production teacher Mr. Satie Gossett says we students can get jobs in the film industry if we practice making films and uploading them onto Youtube.

In an interview with Journalism students Steven Rivera, Alejandro de la Rosa and Mia Medina, Mr. Gossett’s simple and honest answers showed why he is one of the most popular teachers on the Maya campus.

Steven Rivera

“My question is: How can kids make it into Hollywood?”

Mr. Gossett 

“That’s an interesting question, can I ask you a question?”

Steven Rivera

“ Yes.”

Mr. Gossett

“What does making it in Hollywood mean to you?”

Steven Rivera

“ Being recognized for what you can do.”

Mr. Gossett

“ The best answer I can say is to create or own stuff. It’s not like corporate where you work your way up the ladder, you gotta pick up a camera, pick up an iPhone and start filming stuff. Create like a web series on Youtube. Where you get your story ideas from? You get them from your own experience and stuff your’e interested in. For instance someone can make a Youtube series on 2k and then become famous; and then get thrown into a movie. Happens all the time. Well what do you like?”

Steven Rivera

“ A lot of things. It’s not a simple answer”

Mr. Gossett

“ Like say you like turtles, you do a web series on turtles. Some producer at Sony sees it because it has one million followers. “ You know let’s do a show about turtles” Next thing you know or hosting a turtle show on Netflix. Well whatever your definition of success is, it can be just that. Whether it’s being as big as The Rock, or happy with getting free turtle food. It’s all up to you, it’s all up to, I guess, what’s in your heart at the end of the day.”

Mia Medina

“ Good Morning Mr. Gossett. My name is Mia and my question is what is it about video production that you like? ”

Mr. Gossett

“ Umm the short answer is that I like creating stories. ”

Mr. Gossett

“ Why do I like it? Because if you pursue it. It gives you the chance to meet people you normally wouldn’t meet. Umm from different cultures, backgrounds. You get to travel around the country, travel around the world. You know? I’ve made short films and I’ve gone as far as Russia, the camp film festival, won some awards kind of a cool thing. You know? A little ego boost.”

Alejandro Delarosa

“Hello Mr. Gossett, My name is Alejandro Delarosa and my question is; Is it true that you dated Jessica Alba?”

Satie Gossett

“No that’s fake news, I wish it were true, I might not be sitting here. I met the guy that wifed her up, guy named Cash Warren. I see him, nice looking guy, but I just wanna punch him in the face because he’s dating Jessica Alba like what did he do?! Funny story about that guy, you know how we talked about production rolls in this class? I talked about being a production assistant, for those of you that had the class last year, production assistant is like the gofer. He was a gofer on one of her films and she saw this guy and they happen to have a connection and three kids later… She’s a billionaire now, she has like a cosmetic line. Moral of the story, if you become a PA you can marry Jessica Alba.”